The Derby County Football Club Limited (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all of our customers and site users (you) very seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand what personal information we may collect from you, how we may use it and your rights in respect of our use.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
* Information that you provide by completing forms on our site at www.wearederby.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address, date of birth and telephone number
* We will take details of the purchases and other transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
* We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us
* If you contact us by telephone, email or otherwise in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence
* We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
* We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the resources that you access.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To create a membership profile for you to help us provide a more personalised service which is suited to meet your preferences
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
* To send you our newsletters or catalogues or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
* To notify you about changes to our service.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users� browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer�s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
* To estimate our general audience size and how they use our site
* To recognise you when you return to our site
* To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
* To speed up your searches
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser. Please note that if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO CONTACT YOU
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the details provided below.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to communicate with you according to the preferences that you share with us.
CONTACTING PEOPLE WHO HAVE OPTED OUT
In order to accurately maintain the information in our systems we may on occasions contact those customers who have asked us not to contact them to ensure that the information we hold is correct.
This will normally be in the form of a letter, email or telephone call stating that our records indicate that they do not wish to be contacted by us and that they we will not contact them unless they grant us their consent. It is important that we retain this right to ensure that we provide good customer service and accurately maintain our information.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
We will use your financial information to enable payment authorisation and billing including any online or telephone purchases.
When you purchase any products from us, your consent is given to provide your financial information and personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies, banks and companies that handle delivery and shipping on our behalf. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk protection. We will not share your financial information with third parties without your consent for any other reason.
All financial information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Payment transactions and payment card data will be processed and stored in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). PCI DSS represents a common set of data security measures to help ensure the safe handling of sensitive information on a global basis.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective sellers or buyers of such business or assets.
* If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
* If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Club, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In these circumstances we will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure your information is properly protected and processed under strictly controlled conditions and in accordance with current data protection legislation.
YOUR ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right of access to, and to receive a copy of, information held about you.
We are entitled to charge a fee of £10 to meet our administration costs in providing you with the information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.